Monday, February 18, 2008

Strength

Have you ever stumbled across a verse in the bible and felt like you just found a piece of gold? I felt that today when I came across this...

"But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength." 2 Timothy 4:17

How cool is it to know that God- the King- stands right by our side?
These past couple of days have been rough. When we found out that we were chosen to be Kaden's parents we were so excited and felt like we were floating on air- but it didn't take long for someone to burst our bubble and we came crashing down - hard. I knew they would come- the comments, the less than enthusiastic remarks, the "are you crazy?" "better you than me", the jokes about our family size, "you can't save the world", 'what will you drive?" and more. I've preached on here enough about not living to please the world... preached about doing something BIG for God. But I have to admit that when the comments come they hurt- even when you are doing what you know you are supposed to be doing- it hurts. As I have said there are parts of Kaden's story that I will not be sharing on a public blog... things that would make a grown man cry. Things that we will only be able to deal with in God's strength alone. So trust me when I say this journey is going to be taking one tiny baby step at a time and keeping our eyes focused on the Lord every inch of the way.

"God is our refuse and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

Lord, there are times when I feel like I can't make it another step. My strength is gone and I don't know if I can go forward. So I look to you Lord- for your power. Yet when my spirit is weak you can accomplish great things through me and my obedience. Whatever comes Lord, I will be ready and willing to act quickly to your call, to trust in you to live for you. In you I will become strong, steadfast- unshaken. I will not give in to my weakness. Use me Lord, even when it hurts, even I weap- use me.

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." 1 Peter 2:21

7 comments:

Live to love and laugh said...

People talk without thinking! I have determined a lot of people make comments about things like that without trying to be mean but rather just wondering how you plan on handling your life. Its not there business but they just don't thnk.
Hang in there girl. I know you did the right thing.

Unknown said...

amy you are one of my earthly heroes. I know envy is wrong, but I admire your big fun family and the work God is doing through you one little life at a time. Oh, and I love your name he hee...

Sara said...

I know people often make stupid remarks, but hang in there and just use it to teach others. I am amazed at your big family and know that God created all different kinds of people...God gave you a gift to be the mother to these children. There are others who just ask questions in awe:) Your children are blessings and your new addition will be no different!

Michelle Riggs said...

I am so sorry Amy. Your family is serving God in an incredible way. I am so proud of you. So many times when people react they did they are people who have been called by God and refuse to follow His path. I am proud of you for doing God's will.

Jenny said...

You can make a difference..One child at a time, one person at a time...one day at a time...God is with you...everybody can see that! Just stay connected to Him..recharge yourself through Him often!!!! I will be with you every step! Hugs! Jenny

JuJu - said...

Wow - if only you knew how badly I needed to come across this:)

Thanks - what an amazing woman of God you are:)

JULIA:)

Sarah said...

Psalm 127:3&5 (ESV)
Behold,children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!

I'm praying that the Lord would bless you with extra grace and strength as you prepare for Kaden to come home.