Thursday, May 1, 2008

What to do with today

"What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."

I was just thinking that I probably needed to blog something today or you would all think I fell off the face of the earth. But the truth is- I really had nothing to profound to say. Hee/Hee My mind has pretty much been useless this past week- basically used up on the trivial things throughout the day like 'what to make for dinner that will actually feed 9 people', and 'who has a soccer game tonight and which field'? It's been nonstop running and in between I'm just trying to be the best mom and wife that I can be. So when I came across this quote today I had to ask myself- "what am I really doing today that is important- important enough that I am wasting an entire day on it"- and then I knew. I knew it was ok to just be a mom. It was better than ok actually. It's ok to do 4 loads of laundry in one day because it means my family has clean clothes and therefore respect of themselves. It's ok to plan good, healthy meals for those I love and care about so that we are taking care of the one body we get in this life. It's a good thing to take my kids to soccer and to cheer them on- for they know they are loved- even if they loose the game. So yes, today I am ok with using up a day of my life just 'being a mom'. It feels good- boring blog and all. :0)

2 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

What a privilege that you are able to serve God in such a beautiful way. I can't imagine a more wonderful calling. You are a great mother.

Unknown said...

Nothing about you is boring, Amy! I enjoy your blogs and read every single one of them. By the way, I have friends heading to Guatemala for a mission trip!