Monday, May 4, 2009

This and that

Things around here have been absolutely nuts lately. Not really any one thing in particular- just all around busy. In the last week I signed our oldest up for college and Aleigha up for Kindergarten. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! We have been planning a High School graduation party and searching for a vehicle for Keegan (we sold our 15 passenger van to this sweet little Christian band). It's also nearing the end of the school year so our calender is filling up quickly with end of the school year events. I love it when life is busy- even if that does mean I have to neglect my blog some. No news on the adoption front... still waiting for clear guidance from God on what He wants us to do. I 'think' I know where He is calling us... but in my small human mind I cannot possibly figure out how we can make it happen. Guess that is the cool part though- WE can't make it happen- which means God has too and there is nothing better than sitting back watching Him work in ways we could never even image. It is then that He gets all the glory. Nothing sweeter. Thought I'd close today by sharing some pictures from the zoo. We went with some friends a little over a week ago and the kids had such a great time. Kaden is still talking about the elephants!












9 comments:

Doreen said...

looks like a fun day at the zoo.. wish we were there with you:o) hugs Amy..

Andrea Hill said...

What a busy life but I know you enjoy every moment of it. Can't wait to hear more news about adoption and what God has in store for your precious family. Your son is quiet the poser all the time. I bet he steals everyones heart where ever he goes.

Sara said...

Looks like fun! No matter how busy life gets, it fun to stop and enjoy the simple things, like the zoo.

Sometimes it hard to wait for God's timing and guidance (I know, because I am there). Praying God makes it clear and excited about the future.

Sure wished we could have known each other better when you were here, but love keeping in touch via internet!

Unknown said...

Life being full of His things is always a blessing!

Praying for your adoption and His leading you exactly where His child is for your family!

I love the butterfly photo!

Hugs and lots of love,
Jill

Kimmie said...

You certainly don't sit down much do you Amy?

A graduation and a soon to be kindergartener...life is rich isn't it.

Your family is beautiful, you must be very, very proud.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

MJMILLS said...

Great Pics!

Michelle said...

Looks like good times.

Unknown said...

Loved seeing the pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

Pam said...

love the zoo pictures! i totally hear you on the college/kindergarten routine! that will be me next summer!! glad to be walking this with you