Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Name Game...

Seriously, coming up with five names that everyone in the family likes has not been an easy task. Not to mention I respectfully want to have the Fabulous Five's permission to 'rename' them. I know this is really touchy subject- lots of people feel that you should keep the child's 'given' name because they have had enough change in their lives. While I understand that- I am sort of on the 'other side of the fence' where I feel that it's a new start and they are my children now so I want to name them like I did all of our other children. Plus, Jesus himself gave people new names all the time! :0)Revelation 13:12: “Those who prove victorious I will make into pillars in the sanctuary of my God and they will stay there for ever; I will inscribe on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God in heaven, and my own new name as well.”
So, we are 'planning' on keeping their given names as their middle names (If they agree to it) and as a family we came up with these new names. What do you think? (Oh and I really only want to hear what you think if you like them!) LOL ;0)
5 year old girl- Jayla
4 year old girl- Alayna
3 year old boy- Kai
2 year old boy- Jace
1 year old girl- Isabella

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, so those are ALL GREAT NAMES, but would like to give fair warning, that naming any of your children with the same first letter COULD be for some tongue tying at times!! Which in itself could be funny, or not...I'm just saying....I still don't understand how the Dugger family on TLC has 17 children (with one more on the way) ALL named with letter J!!!! There's my two cents...hope it's worth something somewhere. LOL

I was wondering how you were going to do names, and I like your philosophy! Hugs.Elizabeth

Debbie T said...

I love them all! I think they will like them too and keeping their given names as their middle names is perfect! Hugs, DebbieT

Debbie T said...

I love them all! All your kids have great names. And keeping their given names as their middle names is perfect! Hugs, DebbieT

Phyllis said...

Beautiful names...I love them all!! I renamed Kristen, too, so I'm on that side of the fence with you.
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Amy:
I LOVE the names! My two Indian beauties have their birth names as middle names and it fits well.Beautiful names for beautiful children.Just wanted to officially send you my congrats for the adoption of these children.Will be praying for a smooth adjustment for everyone.
Leveta-Wife to Carl,Mom to Chad 9bio)16,Sam from India 12 and Kaitrin also from India 9

Melinda said...

I love the names you have picked out! I am with you on the name changing. I like that in the bible God gave new names to people all the time. Now if for some reason Adanech doesn't want to change her name, then fine by me, but I have a name picked out for her like I have done with each of my kids. I think of it as a new start for everyone. How are the preperation's coming? Is there anything else you need??

kim p said...

I love them all, too, Amy! Just wondering how you decided which name to give which girl and which name to give which boy. : )

Michelle Riggs said...

OK I agree totally with the name change. I love the names!!!

Kimmie said...

Just wanted to share that we have changed the names of all of our adopted children (5 so far)...as God wanted them to have new names. He gave us the names with their meanings...some to which I don't yet understand (one got the middle name Raphael...which means God heals). I think there is power in names and we don't care what anyone thinks...we know that God's ways are best. So hand it to Him and see what He says Amy!



and by the way...we let Him name our one homemade too. The doctors told us she would have many troubles (no arms, legs, no spinal fusion)...but we gave her to the Lord in the womb...He said name her Isabella (though not her 'blogname')...as it meant 'given or consecrated to God' and that His hand was upon her. And so it is and so it is (His hand).

bless you...and I meant that YOU (Amy) were exceptionally beautiful, in my last comment.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Holly said...

Beautiful!
I too would love to hear how you chose the names for each child!
Getting excited for you!

Flamingo said...

Hi! I'm coming over from Angel's blog. Your family is soooo beautiful..what an inspiration you guys are! We have 3 bio kiddos and are adopting our 1st from China.

I love, love the names! Kai is one of my absolute favorites!

God bless you on this journey!

Angel said...

LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!! Angel

Amy said...

I love them all. I'm kind of partial to Isabella...I have and Isabella and a Gabrielle, both my girls are from Guatemala. You are an amazing woman with an amazing beautiful family. I wish I could adopt more and hope to in the future. God Bless you!!!

Wendi said...

Beautiful. Just like all of the children God has given to you.

Wendi said...

Beautiful. Just like all of the children God has given to you.