Thursday, December 6, 2007

Who am I?

I've thrown around starting a blog now for quite some time... and honestly, one of the things stopping me was looking at this empty page and trying to decide where to start. To tell you the truth- I don't think I'm all that interesting- or perhaps I should say 'blog worthy'. But really-I think the biggest obstacle was the "about me" question on the side bar. I sat here for the longest time and tried to find the words for who 'I' really am. How do I see myself? What am I all about? Who am I? I know each day when I wake up and hear "Mommy!!!" that I am most definately someone's mommy. That I love beyond words. I know when I feel a good morning kiss upon my cheek I am blessed to be married to the man of my dreams. For that I am so thankful. I know that I am a sister and a friend... something that I cherish. And I know that before my feet ever hit the ground my eyes are lifted upward to my creator....I am a Christian. I have lived the life of placing my trust in everything and everyone but God himself. Been there- done that. Ugly. So maybe that it part of why I cannot really put into words yet who 'I' am. Maybe it's because I am a work in progress... God is growing me, stretching me, calling me- and I am willing, oh so willing, to be what He has called me to be~ this day. I will continue to wake up and each day look straight to Him for direction. I want to live every day of my life not being worried about 'Me' and what 'my' wants are-but being where God needs me at that moment. I want to be used by Him to make a difference... God, you knew exactly what you were getting into when you chose me- and you chose me anyway. Thank you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dear mommy,
I am so pround of u for finally starting your blog and i think it is very good. i love you always~addisyn
p.s. you r the best mom in the world

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog today, I don't remember where I came from, but now that I'm here, I KNOW God had it planned! Your journey has touched my heart. I know there are many similarities between us, but you are well ahead of me on this journey. I look forward to reading more (and maybe catching some insights that God has for me through you!!) Blessings, Shani