Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Reunited and it feels so good...




Melanie and Mya were friends at Eagles Nest orphange in Guatemala. As a matter of fact, Mya adored Melanie and looked up to her like a big sister. This past week we were able to meet up with Melanie who is now home with her new family (thank you Ti Ti Jenny)and have a play date at McDonalds! I think both girls were shocked at how much the other had grown (they hadn't seen eachother in a little over a year) but it was so great to be able to spend time together. Melanie has an awesome new family and it was so cool to see her home now and adjusting so well. Once again I am so thankful for the miracle of adoption.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I was just wondering how Melanie was doing and it is a praise to see her precious smile! What a sweet reunion for the girls.

Angel said...

That is wonderful. I remember seeing her in the EN pics when Mya was still there. She is such a cutie. How cool that you got to see them. Angel

Anonymous said...

that is so neat!!! It is such a blessing to see friends like that reunited. It is cool that you were able to make it happen. DebbieT

The Wilkens Family said...

Hello! I just recently came across your blog and thought I would introduce myself. We are in the process of adopting a little boy from the Eagles Nest. Happy New Year!