Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Miracle of Adoption Family (4)




Today it is my pleasure to introduce you to the ‘almost famous’ Angel (another one of my mission team buddies). Angel is also a friend I had the privilege of meeting via the internet. Actually I ‘knew’ her before she even know I existed. But Angel has been a big inspiration in my life- she was the one of the biggest reasons I had the courage to step out in faith and adopt an ‘almost’ 4 year old. Angel and her husband Russ have one, as Angel puts it ‘homegrown’ daughter, Kaitlyn- who is 4 years old. Yet they knew their family was not complete and two years ago Angel and Russ began their adoption journey to bring home an infant daughter from Guatemala… but God had a different plan… and instead, while he DID bring them a daughter from Guatemala- she was ‘almost’ 8 years old. They could not be more blessed. Angel’s story of bringing Zoe home is one of faith, courage and adventure. “Whatever you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.” Angel has taught me to step out of the box and not be afraid of what God has called me to do… “whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant” (Mathew 20:26). She has taught me to trust- and how to really be God’s hands and feet. I love this family and I thank God daily that He brought an ‘angel’ into my life when I needed her most.
But the story does not stop there… today, Angel, Russ, Kaitlyn and Zoe are adding to their family again through the miracle of adoption- Miss Kaiya Rain from China. Kaiya will be 2 years old in May and Angel ‘stumbled’ across her picture on a waiting child’s list. “And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah6:8) Again I am positive God had not brought forth a family so far- for as always, he knew who the perfect family for her would be. Kaiya was born with a cleft lip and palate. She has been waiting in the orphanage since she was 2 ½ months old for her new family to find her. This child is a beautiful blessing and a reminder to us all that He desires only good for our lives. “A faithful man will abound with blessings”. (Proverbs 28:20)

Lord, thank you for sending friendships into our lives at just the moment we need them. Thank you for those who are willing to follow you at all cost and obey you even when it means stepping out in blind faith. Thank you for the gift of adoption- no matter what age, race, or special need they may have. Thank you for letting us see they are ‘perfect’ in you. Thank you for Angel and her example of how she chooses to live in such a way that puts your name in neon lights and your desires above all others. Make all of our lives count and our actions and words honor you.

1 comment:

Angel said...

AMY!!! You are amazing!!! I am so blessed to have you as a friend. You are one of the miracles that came out of Zoe's adoption. Your family and YOU inspire me. I want to be like you when I grow up. Hee hee.. I LOVE YOU AMY AND CREW! Hugs, Angel