Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Miracle of Adoption Family (2)




Today I would like to introduce to the the "S" family. I met Leslie while going through the adoption process with Aleigha. Actually, her son Eli and Aleigha were 'crib mates' in the orphanage in Guatemala. God truly blessed me the day I met Leslie. One word I would use to describe Leslie is "HEART". She is AMAZING beyond words. Leslie and her husband Sim's first adoption was Noah- who came from India. As you can see this little boy is beautiful and such a gift from God. Everyone who meets Noah adores this child. Noah is now 6 -years -old and diagnosed with CP and autism. Through Noah and Leslie I have learned that God truly does not make 'mistakes'. Spend one day with this child and you will never be the same again. God is good. "May the God of peace... equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever."Hebrews 13:20-21)

Leslie and Sim's 2nd adoption was Eli , born in Guatemala. Eli is now 4 years old. When I think of Eli- the word "Spirit" comes to mind. He is ALL BOY, FULL OF LIFE and pure Joy! Aleigha and Mya would rather spend a day with Eli than a day at Disney Land I am sure! "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full". (John 10:10) Again God was good.


And last, but not least, is Princess Nandini- and what a blessing she is. Nandini (age 3) has only been home a month now and this precious little girl has made her entrance known. What can I say- she's a princess after all. Leslie and Simeon had been praying about adopting again and 'found' Nandini on a special needs waiting list called Brittney's Hope. Nandini was born with CP and also has a cyst on her brain. No families had come forth to adopt this sweet angel- which I am confident is because God already had her perfect family in mind. She was like a little hidden treasure just waiting to be found. "God's gifts and his call are irrevocable". (Romans 11:29)

There really are not words to describe how much this family has blessed our lives. Just knowing them and learning from them is priceless. They are truly an inspiration and because of their faithfulness God has blessed them. We love this American, Brittish, Guatemalan and Indian mixed family. It is an honor to be their friend.

Lord you have blessed me with the precious gift of this families friendship. I stand in awe of how they use the gifts and talents you have given them to truly make a difference in this world. In them I see you Lord... their hands do your work- healing, comforting, encouraging, touching and loving your children. I stand in awe.

No comments: