Monday, March 7, 2011

19 years ago...

19 years ago I became your wife...

Only looking back now I realize I first loved you for all the wrong reasons.

I was so young, lost, scared, alone and confused... desperate to find my place in this world.

But we found it...

together

in our saviors arms.

It hasn't always been easy

as the Lord has pruned us, changed us and taught us His ways.

Because what I have come to realize is that

it isn't

romance,

riches,

physical beauty,

or prestige

that makes my knees weak and makes my heart beat faster when you walk into the room...

it's the way you lead our family,

the way you defend the orphan,

the way you teach our children,

the way you love your neighbor

and the way you put God above all else

that makes me fall in love

with you

all over again.



Thank you for that.

Thank you for sharing your life with me

and for the privilege of being your wife.


I love you

to

the end.



image signature

17 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

So sweet. Beautiful love! Happy Anniversary!

darci said...

happy happy happy anniversary! i loved this post. TRUE love. :) darci

Katie rayn said...

So, so sweet. Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

Happy anniversary!

Dardi said...

Happy Anniversary! :o)

Love & miss you!!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary to one inspiring couple!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary to one of the most beautiful couples I know!

Love you both!
Jill

Pedro and Felis Patlan said...

Happy Anniversary! Feliz Aniversario!

You are an inspiration to many!!!

Muchos Bendiciones!
Many Blessings!

See I am teaching you Spanish as we go. :)

Lisa H. said...

Happy Anniversary! Sometime I'd like to hear the story of how you really started to follow Jesus....

Love you!

Lisa H.

Courtney said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary!

Smileyface said...

What a shining example you two are....especially to us younger couples. Happy Todd and Amy day!
Blessings!

Stacy said...

What a sweet, sweet picture. You look like 2 teeanagers. Sweet post! Happy anniversary :)

Adeye said...

Happy, happy, friend. That is the sweetest pic ever :)

Ours is tomorrow. I guess now I will never forget yours.

Anonymous said...

oh Amy, just precious!
Love,BW

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Amy! Happy Anniversary!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

This is a beautiful post, and I want you to know that it really touched my heart about my own marriage. Blessings to you and your family!

Rachel H. said...

Awww! He is a very strong leader! To me, my family, my church family, Caddo Mills, Texas, the world, and even BIGGER...God! Mrs. Amy..To tell you the truth..I love and miss you! I bet you have been a great leader to him too! You are so sweet!
Hugs Hugs,
Rachel
(Did you notice I used Mrs. Kerri's saying?! (;)