Friday, August 27, 2010

When you are falling

A few days ago I took the kids to the park to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. With excitement they raced from the car over to the play ground and I smiled as each child chose their favorite thing to do. Kaden headed for the merry go round, Aleigha chose the swing, Mya, the slide, and Carson ran to the monkey bars. Havyn and I chose the park bench (in the shade) where we could sit together and watch them play. :)

After a few minutes I noticed Carson climbing high onto the top of the monkey bars. They were the type with the ladder that curved so you could actually climb on top of the bars and make your way across- that is, if you were old enough and coordinated enough to do so. At 3 years old, I wasn't quite so sure.

Not wanting to be one to stop my kids from trying new things, I just slowly made my way over to where he was so that I could be there if he needed me. Sure enough, he began to climb across the top then came to a halt when he realized the predicament he had gotten himself in. With fear in his eyes he looked around. All of a sudden he noticed I was right there- and I visually could see the look of relief in his eyes.

I called up to him saying "UT Oh buddy, looks like you've got yourself stuck huh?" "Yes," he answered. "So, what do you think you should do now?" I asked. Unto which Carson replied "Cry??"

We all started laughing and as I lowered him to the ground I snuck in a few kisses on the neck assuring him he was safe and sound.


As I made my way back to the bench I began to think of all of the times in my life I too had found myself in a predicament- and all I knew to do was to CRY out to Jesus. Call out to the one who is all knowing, cry out to the one who is my safety net, call all out to the one who promises to never let go.

Yet I was reminded of a time when I hadn't known Jesus- and how different my view of life was. How life was so much more difficult when I had tried to figure it all out on my own. How I hadn't known where to turn for true security. How I hadn't known He would be there to pick me up, dust me off, and show me a better way.

How about you? Have you found yourself in a situation that seems helpless and you are all alone with no one to catch you when you fall? God won't force himself on you or stop you from trying it on your own. He wants for you to want him - as much as he wants a relationship with you. I mean, He wants to know you and for you to really know Him. He cares about you and every little detail of your life. He wants more than anything to be the one you call out to, the one you turn to, the one who you trust in more than anything else in in you life.

So go ahead and cry out to the one who is all knowing. Call out to the one who is there, right now, waiting to hold you and let you know how valuable you are. You don't have to do it on your own anymore- He is there, I promise, and he is waiting to show you way.


image signature

9 comments:

natali said...

that is beautiful.

Unknown said...

what a precious mom you are! i love you amy!

hugs,
jill

thee is no one like Jehovah our GOD!

Dardi said...

Amen! :o)

Love you ~ Dardi

Kelly said...

Thank you for the encouraging words--hits home especially for adopting families that wait...

Chantelle said...

Lovely post.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

So very true...it feels like I am just barely hanging these days...but the only thing that keeps me secure, is that God is right there underneath to hold on and keep me from slipping...especially through this particular difficult time of our life....and I'm sure for the other family involved.

Live to love and laugh said...

What a wonderful post. We can learn so much about our walk with Christ when we watch our children.

Alvana said...

I stumbled across your blog last week... and have stuck around because I enjoy what you have to say!! Thank you for this post. What a beautiful reminder to put my trust in HIM!

Laurel said...

Great analogy! As you know, I have CRIED out to the LORD many times in the past year.

We got home from our Road Trip last night ... with 9,000 miles added to the odometer. Wow!

We were BLESSED by our time with your sweet family, and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you, as you seek HIM as to where to GO.

Be BLESSED!

Laurel :)