Friday, August 22, 2008

CROCKPOT dessert- Peanut butter and Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

Ok, so cooking is not my strength. I have really been trying to get it together and be more organized with my meal planning. With football and school about to take off I know that it will make things a lot easier around here if I can plan ahead. So I have been spending time on the computer searching for crockpot recipes and other easy recipes that will make my crew happy. Today I found this and can I just say YUM?? I made it with dinner tonight and it was a HUGE hit. (yes I know not the most healthy dessert in the world- but is there any such thing as a healthy dessert?) I had to double it for my gang- and I am glad that I did! Anyway, try it- you will LOVE it!

1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar, divided
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. milk
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c. peanut butter
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. boiling water

In a bowl, combine flour, 1/4 c. sugar and baking powder. Ad milk, oil and vanilla; stir until smooth. Mix in peanut butter. Pour into crockpot slow cooker.

In same mixing bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 c. sugar and cocoa powder. Gradually stir in boiling water. Pour mixture over batter in crockpot. Do not stir.

Cover and cook on High for 2 to 3 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy - That recipe looks yummy! I'm definitely going to try it. I love cooking in the crock-pot...I even make dressing at Thanksgiving in it.
Phyllis

Melinda said...

This sounds really good! I am all about cooking with the crockpot. I do not enjoy cooking, so if I can find some great recipes that cook themselves, I love it. Please pass on any more great recipes you find for the crockpot.

A. Gillispie said...

Amy, what are you doing to me? I am trying like crazy to lose weight and I swear I have thought about making this for the last two days straight! LOL! YUM!