Thursday, July 17, 2008

Risks

This was written by Amanda at http://www.betterthanideserve3.blogspot.com/ Every once in awhile I run across something on someones blog that just blows me away. I absolutely LOVED this - could have written that myself if I could write that good :0) - and thought it was so good I had to pass it on!

Life is full of risks. Living is not about avoiding risks. Living is about choosing the risks you are willing to take. There is one thing I am not willing to risk. I am not willing to risk being disobedient to God in an effort to appease myself or others. But, here are some of the risks I AM willing to take:

1. I am willing to risk experiencing pain in life to learn about God's healing power.
2. I am willing to risk experiencing disappointment to learn about the pure joy that comes only from our Father.
3. I am willing to risk our money supply if God calls me to give when it doesn't seem possible to learn about trusting His ability to provide.
4. I am willing to risk my children experiencing having little to learn that having a lot only comes from God.
5. I am willing to risk being temporarily disliked by my children to correct their disobedience.
6. I am willing to risk my heart to be a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend even though the most well-intentioned people can hurt me (and I hurt them sometimes, too).
7. I am willing to risk the comfort of my life to give a better life to a child in need.
8. I am willing to risk being seen as weird or crazy to allow others to see God working within my life.
9. I am willing to risk being unpopular to do what is right.
10. I am willing to risk my relationship with others for my relationship with God.

1 comment:

kim p said...

Wow! Great food for thought. Thanks, Amy!