Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beauty of the heart

Samuel 16:7 “The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

I ran across this video and it went along the lines of my previous post. The media plays such a big roll in what fills our children's minds and hearts. Our society is obsessed with looks. When I look at my children I see how beautiful each of them are in their own way and how perfectly God created them. But the world will and is telling them something different. How do we compete with that?

I guess what I want my girls to know is that while most of us aren’t going to be sought after by modeling agencies and high-powered companies because of our looks - we ARE being sought out daily by the only one who really matters. The King of Kings. The Lord of Lords. He thinks we are beautiful. Now how much better does that get? He loves us more than we could ever imagine- just the way we are.

Americans spend billions of dollars and countless hours trying to look good on the outside, but while we are doing that we often forget about our hearts. I challenge you- spend some time, money, and effort making your heart beautiful -because that is what God looks at and that is all that should really matter.

No comments: