Saturday, August 13, 2011

Catching up...

These past couple of weeks have been a whirl wind. Pretty much to be expected I guess considering. ;) Because I use this blog as a journal for my kids this is going to be one of those catch up posts with lots of pictures of lots of special people in my life. If I had been better about having my camera ready there would be a whole lot more.

 Keegan is now safely at college in Illinois and loving it so far. Classes don't start until the end of the month but 2-a-days for football are in full swing. I miss him so much already and I keep asking God how He thought I was going to be able to be so far away from my two oldest babies. He reminded me ever so gently though that this is exactly what I prayed for all those years of raising Keegan and Travis~ for them to be good, strong, Godly men who were responsible and able to take care of themselves one day... and look at me now whining? Ugh.

While in Illinois we were also able to spend some precious time seeing family and friends. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people in our lives and we are so thankful for their love, encouragement and support. We couldn't do this without them. My sister had a special surprise for us while we were there. One night after a wonderful cookout, backyard game of kickball and lots of laughter they wrote prayers for our family and the orphans we will be working with in Guatemala on sky lanterns and we lit them off and let them sail 'up to Jesus'. ;) It was such a special moment for all of us. Beautiful. (Thanks Jenny for always making us feel so loved)



























We also had the opportunity to share our story at the LeRoy Christian Church and were blessed beyond words by seeing old friends and meeting new. I would have more pictures by I accidentally left the disc out of my camera- so bummed. :(




















Back at home my awesome friend Michelle set it up for Havyn to be able to ride a real horse. Havyn is crazy about horses- and I mean CRAZY- so this absolutely made her day. So much fun and such a treat! (thanks Michelle- you are the best!!)



















I know the next 10 days are going to be full of good-byes, tears, big changes, and  lots of excitement. I plan on updating on here often. :) We can't wait to get there and share this journey with you all.


image signature

14 comments:

James 1:27 Family said...

Precious photos, Amy! I am so excited for all of you and I can't wait to follow this God-filled journey with you. Much love!

woosterweester said...

Beautiful! So excited for your family and so thankful you're getting some together time before you are Guatemala bound. Praying for the Block fam!

Renae said...

Love the pictures!:) And praying for you guys as you get ready to go to Guatemala! So excited for you and even nervous;)!

Recovering Noah said...

Amy, I love the sky lanterns! I've never seen them before and think that's a beautiful, wonderful idea!

So sad I won't be able to see you before you go, but am already planning our trip to come visit! =)

Miss you!

Leslie =)

Kylee said...

What special memories your family is making...thanks for sharing with us! I especially love that picture of Havyn kissing the horse. What a sweetheart!

Dardi said...

The prayers on the lanterns just did me in!! How beautifully sweet was that!?! Love you much!

Rachel H. said...

That's cool! =)

Ramirez Ruminating said...

What a beautiful family you have! Will pass along to Adoption-Share (www.adoption-share.com) followers! So encouraging!

Stacy said...

Can't wait to read all about this awesome journey the Lord has you all on! Blessings to you and your family!

Debbie Doughty said...

Exciting days ahead! Glad to see you are still managing to live and cherish one day at a time. Love, hugs and prayers, :Debbie

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Love the prayer latern idea! How cool is that?

I'm so excited to watch God move in your lives and bless your socks off as you move to Guatemala in a week. I love you all so much! Our prayers are with you!

HUGS!
Jill

Mrs. Michelle said...

Praying daily for you guys! Know His best is in place no matter how tough it gets for all of us.

Unknown said...

prayed for you today. Excited to see what all unfolds.

Amy said...

Amy,

I am so behind in my blog reading and my posts are nonexistent for a number of reasons. But as I was reading through your posts I saw an ONU tshirt and a comment about football. Is your son at ONU? My daughter is a senior there and we know two families that have freshman football families.

Just wondering. :) Praying for your family. Guatemala/EN is a dear place in our hearts.

Amy levisix@frontier.com