Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I think I forgot how much work it is to move.
And I know I didn't have a clue what all goes into moving internationally.:)
So needless to say, life at our house has been different lately.
But as we have said in the past, different is a good thing... it means change. And while change is often hard- it is taking us to the place that God intended for us to be. And so for now, we are taking it one day- sometimes one minute- at a time and trying to enjoy the journey.

The rental God provided for us to live in temporarily (rent free) is such a blessing- but squishy for a family our size. So, we are spending a lot of time outside where it isn't squishy at all. :) Behind our trailer is a beautiful wheat field that appears to go on forever. I couldn't resist but to take Havyns picture today next to it in her Ethiopian outfit. Seeing her standing there reminds me so much of her beautiful country and how God is a God of miracles.. how God can place people in our lives that were born a world apart and make us family.

We are so very thankful for those of you God has put in our lives, some who live miles and miles away, some who we may not meet on this side of heaven- but who are playing such a vital work in the lives of those we will come into contact with in Guatemala. We couldn't do this without you doing what you are doing. So thank you again for your partnership. We are so grateful you are in our lives.






image signature

33 comments:

Lisa said...

Love those curls! LOVE the ET outfit...and LOVE, LOVE your beautiful girlie!

Lisa H.

Chantelle said...

OH... MY... GOSH. I did not think it was POSSIBLE for that doll baby to get any more STUNNING than she already was!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????

WOWEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! A real live ANGEL!!!

Renae said...

Such a blessing to be a part of your journey!! Keep us up to date on prayer requests and such:).

Unknown said...

oh my goodness what beautiful pictures!! Praying for you guys as you make your move

Kristin Ferguson said...

Oh My Goodness, I could just eat her with a spoon! She is positively yummy!!! What a great photo shoot! It's nice to see you can find some fun 'distractions' to keep from feeling too squishy.

Loraena Tuttle said...

Oh my goodness, she is so absolutely adorable!

the Philpots said...

Amy, what do you do with her BEAUTIFUL ringlets? They look fantastic!!

Unknown said...

oh my word can she get any cuter?

love every shot -beautifully done!

amen! God is a GOD OF MIRACLES every day and I love how He so perfectly builds each family!

LOVE YOU!

Praying for your transition. Boy do I understand those!
Jill

Unknown said...

She's so beautiful! Julie

Jules said...

She's so beautiful! Julie

Jules said...

She's so beautiful! Julie

Sophie said...

SHe's too precious for words.

Rachel said...

My goodness these are beautiful..excited to read about your journey

Better than Empty

Jennifer said...

Oh my Goodness!!! How BEAUTIFUL!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!! How BEAUTIFUL!

Shonni said...

That’s some serious cuteness!!!
Although we can’t help financially right now, I wanted to let you know that we would love to commit to pray for your family!!! We love ya’ll!
Shonni

Just Julia said...

I just love you -

Lund7 said...

Oh my! She is absolutely gorgeous!! Those pictures are priceless!!

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Beautiful...simply stunning! Praying and hoping for great wonderful things for your family and all the people you will meet in Guatemala.
Tammy
PEI

Jenny said...

Ok, she is so darling! Thank you for the pretty bracelet! We are praying that all the support you need will be raised quickly! Is there anything else you guys need!
Jenny
www.ourplansmultiplied.blogspot.com

Christina said...

She is absolutely beautiful! What a doll!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Stunning! She is just so beautiful. Would you be willing to share some advice on hair and products? I'm fostering two little brown baby girls who are busy growing kinky headfuls of curls and I've tried a few different things without much success. Could definitely use some input :) Thanks
LRK5@yahoo.com

Jenna said...

I found your site through a friend. I am encouraged. I am moving to Guatemala September 1 this year and not leaving until God tells me to. I plan to start a home for the children the world has forgotten...but that God has not :)
www.manosheridas.blogspot.com

Leveta said...

Amy:
She is SO beautiful. praying for you in everything as you start this journey.
Leveta

Julie said...

So, So precious!!!

junglemama said...

Beauitful! And you are such a great photographer!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!!! Our rental right now is "squishy too"....love that term :) We spend time at the pool :)!

PRAYING for you big move! For all that God has planned!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO excited for your family.

Love those pics!!

Unknown said...

She and Weston would make beautiful babies someday far far away. We should sign a contract now and make it official.

Molly said...

So so cute! :)
Take heart, the packing WILL come to an end!

Rachel H. said...

Awww! I miss seeing her at church lately! Love her dimples!!

Unknown said...

Could she be more gorgeous...so stunning!!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

lol I realized I gave you an invalid email address when I asked you for hair advice :) It's actually LRK5@rocketmail.com.