Monday, August 3, 2009

It's all how you choose to see it...

It’s 5:45 and my alarm goes off. As I stumble out of bed, inevitably nature calls. I head to the bathroom and am faced once again with this...

I begin praying to God for His help, envisioning Him blessing me with one of these...



Yet I am reminded of Isaiah 55:8- "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," because after all, sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we had planned them...

Sometimes He blesses us in ways we had never imagined...

As I sat trying to decide how to 'fix' this situation I had found myself in- I glanced out the window to discover this...



And I was reminded once again that God is good ALL THE TIME in ways we could have never thought of ourselves.
(plus, this paper was even FREE!)

A special thanks to whoever blessed us when we needed it most!

26 comments:

Dardi said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it great that God cannot be caged in by the parameters we come up with...AND He has an AMAZING sense of humor, too!

Bonky's Mom said...

Okay...great post! It made me giggle!

Jenny said...

You "crack" me up!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness!

LOL!

Praising God for the funny ways He provides!

Love you,
Jill

Live to love and laugh said...

That is so great. We "reuse" our paper when we are blessed with it too.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

SO FUNNY!! I love it!!

Laurel said...

Hilarious! My husband even laughed out loud at this one.


:) :) :)

Created For His Glory said...

Love it! "Go outside and bring mommy some of that toiletpaper off the trees so I can wipe myself!" LOL!
K

Amy said...

This post is too funny. :) Guess we need to be careful what we ask the Lord for.

Andrea Hill said...

you are sooo funny. I love your sense of humor. It seems like the moms always replace the toilet paper, don't they.

love2bmom said...

You are great!!!!

Thanks for the chuckle!

C

Arena Mom said...

Oh, this is great and not what I expected to see!!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Too Funny!!!! Love it- makes my heart laugh.

Sha Zam- said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the late night laugh!!

Paul and Angela said...

That's hilarious!!!
Angela
www.journeyforjordan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That was great, Amy

Kelly said...

ROTFL!!! I have often been in just such a situation, but never had the answering come from a covering on trees! LOL

Recovering Noah said...

So glad that happened AFTER all the rain we just got. hehe. Can you imagine having to pick up soggy toilet paper? lol

And good for you for seeing the humor in it!!!

Love you guys!
Leslie :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish that you had saved all that toilet paper you wasted TPing houses back when you were a high school cheerleader? You are so funny.

Mom

Gardenia said...

Hi. thanks for stopping by. I love your blog. love this post. and love the one a couple below it featuring your son. your children are beautiful and I love your posts.

Bethany said...

Ohh my gosh, that's awesome! LOL!

Phyllis said...

Oh Amy, that's too funny!!
Phyllis

Kim said...

Thanks for this great laugh!
Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

angie said...

ha ha! that is too funny!

Doreen said...

ok.. too CUTE of a story..

Amy Jo said...

OK, that is awesome. LOVE IT! (And the picture of the ginormous roll of tp!) Thanks for the smile, Amy