Friday, November 5, 2010

Random stuff and a cool t-shirt

I don't know whats wrong with me today- three posts in one day? Not even wanting to admit to myself that the laundry is a piling up and there is play dough all over the floor. Ahem...

Anyway, back to my 3rd post for the day...

Wanted to do a shout out for this family and the cool t-shirts they are selling for their adoption. Happen to LOVE this t-shirt because the front has my most favorite quote in the world on it (the same quote that is on the top of my blog). Talk about a conversation piece. ;0)


Which got me to thinking... Christmas is around the corner. I have such a love/hate relationship with Christmas. Love baking cookies with my kids, singing jingle bells at the top of our lungs in the car, sitting around the Christmas tree and looking at the lights... but DETEST the overspending on a bunch of nonsense gifts that we dont' need just cause we feel like we have to buy something.

So... I was thinking... if we are going to shop- I'd love to at least be spending on things that are making a difference. And since my favorite thing in the world to wear are TOMS shoes (because when you buy one pair a second pair goes to a child in need) and adoption t-shirts (cause they are cool and so is the purpose behind them) then why not compile a list on here where people can go directly to the link to find them.

So... if you are selling something for your adoption or that benefits orphans in any way- I would love to give you a shout out as well. Just email me (my email is on the side bar under my profile) a picture and description of what you are selling and why and I will make one list and put it on my blog in about a week from now. Should make Christmas shopping a whole lot more enjoyable this year. ;0)

image signature

17 comments:

Stacy said...

I LOVE this idea! Thank you so much sweet Amy!

Connie J said...

Amy, thank you! I just emailed you :)

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com would love a shout-out. We're having our first give~away to benefit two families adoptiong from Ethiopia. Plus, we're selling aprons and family values canvases.

This is what it is all about, the body of Christ pulling together and helping each other out!

Blessings and happy Friday

Stori said...

Thank you so much for doing this! I come upon cool adoption tees and such benefiting adoption costs or orphans. I always have plans to go back and buy something and then I forget the website.

Engendo said...

sweet - i love that everyone is doing this. Linny at aplacecalled simplicity is another place thats doing it. im doing it with mclinky on my ite journey2ethiopia.blogspot.com just click on shop with purpose and scroll to the mclinky. if youd put a link to my store on the side that would be awesome - i have a couple things from keychains to coffee to necklaces etc. :)

http://journey2ethiopia.blogspot.com/p/shop_28.html

BrandiB said...

Awesome idea! Would love to treat my family (and myself!) to some new adoption gear and help other families at the same time!

JG said...

I'm so excited to see your list! I'd love to be able to buy gifts for my family and friends that will actually help someone!

Kendra said...

Hi Amy!
I don't know why I can't figure out how to email you, other than I'm tired. Sorry. If you would post my t-shirt link I would be soo grateful--still needing to sell soo many more to help with our travels--leaving for Ethiopia in TWO WEEKS to meet our beauty and become her parents in court! Here is my link:

http://4boys1girl-kchiolis.blogspot.com/2010/11/shirts-for-christmasseriously-buy-them.html

Kristine said...

Hi Amy!
Loved catching up on your blog...it's been too long since I've read it :)
Blessings to you and your family, especially your sweet Ethiopian princess on her 1st birthday!

Martina said...

Will send you e-mail on Sun. or Mon. with pictures of the t-shirts I am selling to help families and children in Guatemala. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

We are only buying items for Christmas this year that are going to benefit adoptions, orphans, poor, etc. LOVE the idea! I just bought this shirt! It's my fav. quote too!

Amanda Johnigan said...

I just bought me a t-shirt. Thanks for advertising for them. I agree with you about buying Christmas gifts that go to a good cause like adoption! I hope they raise and know they will all the money they need.

Deena said...

Great idea Amy! I look forward to shopping via your blog. I also want to let you know about some really cute (and cheap) necklaces and key chains that we are selling to benefit orphan care and water projects in Ethiopia. Check out our blog for more info. I will email you a picture of our Christmas design - we are partnering with Team Alexander to raise funds for their awesome project in Ethiopia!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I know you have given me a shout out before but can always use another one:)and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you and all of these other blogs that are doing this. I totally agree, love shopping for a cause!! Thanks for doing this Amy. Many Blessings.

Amy Ruston
www.beautifulbrowneyedgirlboutique.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I volunteered with an organization that staffs orphanages in Ecuador with volunteers. OSSO also runs one orphanage. They sell a couple items to help fund the orphanages. I sent you an email about them, but here is a link as well. Thank you for the shout out! These children need all the extra support they can get while they wait for forever families.

http://www.orphanagesupport.org/products.html

Laurel said...

Great idea, but we won't be able to buy anything this year. We won't be doing presents this year ... just not in the budget. And, you know what, I am OKAY with that. Seriously.

We buy a new ornament for each child each year, and I've been shopping for those all year, so they will get their ornaments to go on the tree.

We also buy each child a pair of pajamas every year (if we can afford it). I snagged a great sale on pajamas, so our kids will be getting their pajamas.

But ... that's it.

It will be a VERY QUIET Christmas year. We will arrive home from our drive to TX for our son's wedding, on Christmas Eve. Papa has to fly to the wedding, and then he'll be working out of town on Christmas. So, Mama and the kids will arrive home on Christmas Eve, and have a quiet day the next day (4 of the Big Kids won't be home this year, either).

You know what ... I am sure that we will all be much sadder that Papa can't be with us, than we will about not having any presents.

Yes ... Christmas will be very different this year. But, we will PRAISE JESUS for all that He is and all that He has given us.

I look forward to seeing all of the things that adoptive families are selling.


Laurel

Jen said...

Amy,

We are selling a t-shirt to help raise money for an adoption of our friends (who are currently in Ethiopia as missionaries and starting a guest house for adoptive families and missions teams). You can check out www.rufustees.com to read their story and purchase the tees (designed by a 4 year old adopted child!).

Love ya,