Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Dear Dad,
I want you to know that I do not take having you for a father for granted. The older I get the more I learn and appreciate all that goes into parenting a child. I understand now all that you gave up for me, the long hours you worked to support me and the time you poured into shaping me. I can only hope that you are as proud of me as I am of you. I remember growing up how I thought of you as a super hero! I always felt loved, protected and safe. I always knew that no matter what MY dad was there for me. When there was a job that needed to be done you were the first one there to help out. You were trustworthy, well respected and loved. I remember waiting at the door for you to come home from work and how you would hug me and make me feel like the most important part of your day. I remember visiting you at work and how you would take me to the top of the highest grain elevator and I would feel like I was on top of the world! You taught me by your example to work hard, stand for what I believe in, the importance of family… but more importantly, you taught me that there is more than one way to be rich. I have found those riches- that true happiness in the Lord. I want you to know Dad that I love you and that you truly ARE my hero. Thank you for your always being there for me, thank you for being the kind of person you are, and thank you for supporting me always. You bless me. Because of who you are- I am able to be me. I love you. Happy Father’s Day!

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland

To my precious husband on Father’s Day,
Did you ever think you would have SEVEN little signatures on your father’s day card? Seven little hearts loving you and seven little sets of eyes watching all you do and following your example?

“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much”. Luke 16:10

When I sit back and watch you with our children I stand in awe of the miracle in front of me…that God would allow me to be your wife- and be a part of our living miracle takes my breath away. Watching you love our adopted children- knowing that you see them the EXACT SAME way as you see our biological children makes me fall more and more in love with you every day. Thank you for not seeing our children for the color of their skin or caring who’s genes they came from but loving them for who they are. I love your heart- I love what you believe in. Marrying you is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thank you for loving me and our babies the way you do. Thank you for saying yes to adoption. I have seen first hand how you have gone without so that the kids and I could have and do more. I have watched how your needs always come in last place and how you are only happy when we are. I cannot believe that God blessed me this much. Thank you for supporting us spiritually, financially, emotionally and physically. Thank you for believing in my dreams and for encouraging our kids to be all that God has planned for them to be. Thank you for being the best Father ever. How can I ever say thank you enough?

And lastly I want to honor my heavenly father. Thank you Lord for your example of the ultimate father. Thank you for the life you have given me and the sacrifice you made so that I could live. I stand in awe of you Abba father. You and only you fill the void in my heart and complete me. I know Lord that my possessions, my heath, my accomplishments- even my family are gifts from you. I have done nothing to deserve them, and they are only on loan from you. Thank you for letting me be a part of this amazing family and being surrounded by these precious Fathers. I love you Lord above all and more than anything in this world Lord. Amen



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to the three fathers in your life.It brings tears to my eyes to hear this from our little girl.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy I am very proud of you for what you have done with your life. I can't believe this is the same little girl I bought the balloon for at the mall in Indiana. It seem like years ago. But it has gone by so fast. May God bless always.
Love Dad