Just in case anyone is still out there reading, we are still here. :0)
Things have just been super busy and I really haven't had a chance to sit down and collect my thoughts enough to compose a post. Plus I have just cannot seem to shake the blues I have had lately. I am still feeling so down because I have so many friends going through some tough stuff right now. I really don't like feeling helpless. I like to have an answer- be able to offer up some real help. But some of the things these precious friends are facing are the BIG kind of trails. The Giants. And, as I hurt along side of them I know that right now there just doesn't seem to be an obvious answer.
So all I can do is trust in God's perfect timing, and trust that He will provide all of the answers. I know He will. But waiting is so hard.
We have also been facing our own sort of trial, but today we were finally able to get a few answers. Ever since bringing Havyn home my mommy radar has been going off. Something just didn't seem quite right. Don't get me wrong, Havyn is precious and perfect in EVERY way and I wouldn't change a single thing about her. But at the same time, as her parent my job is to take care of her the very best we can- and figure out her needs. We expected her to have delays. Many children who have lived in an orphanage come home with them. We also had to consider that she was born 2 months premature so we expected her to have even more catching up to do. All those things taken into consideration, she was still having some issues and we were not sure exactly what was going on.
Havyn has pretty bad reflux. For those of you who have had children with reflux you know what I am talking about. Not fun. But along with the pain and constant spitting up (seriously, I feel somewhat of a walking burp rag) she struggles with her sucking on the bottle.
That was our first clue there might be more going on.
Then she also began to do some kind of odd jerky movements- sometimes sort of like tremors and she would stiffen up. She was evaluated by ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) and today we had a EEG done to see if there was any seizure activity going on. Praise God that was not the case. ECI and the neurologist both saw some possible signs of mild Cerebral Palsey. We cannot know for sure of course without an MRI, which we will have done in a few months on her first birthday. We could have done one now, but even if we knew now we wouldn't do anything any differently than love every second of her and work with her to catch up to her full potential.
She truly is amazing and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.
More than blessed.
Tomorrow we head to the Children's Hospital to have a swallow study done. Hopefully we can get some more answers there and help our beautiful princess enjoy her feedings a whole lot more.