Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Move out of the way

Someone commented to me the other day that I was “brave”.
And I had to laugh.

Because you see, I am not at all brave…
I have simply chosen to get out of the way.

To others I may seem brave to adopt a child of a different color.
I may appear brave to adopt a child with HIV.
I may look brave to move to a foreign country with 7 of our 9 children.
I may seem brave to have to raise and live on support.
I may appear brave to start a ministry from the ground up without a single extra dollar in our pockets.
I may seem brave to work with prostitutes and children with various special needs I often know nothing about.
I may seem brave to open our homes to a 16-year-old deaf boy who was living on the streets.

Because after all,
we could get hurt.
We could fail.
We could fall.

And yet still,
we have chosen to get out of the way,
And let God have His way.

Because the truth is,
most days I don’t know what I am doing.
I don’t have the answers.
I don’t have the qualifications.
I don’t have the skills.
I don’t have the time.
I don’t have the knowledge.
I don’t have the experience.
I don’t have the resources.
I don’t have what it takes.
But He does.

And so, “I” get out of the way-
And let God have His way in me.

And I have found that when I do-
God sized things happen.

Ministries are built.
Prostitutes are made new.
Children find families.
Truth is spread.
Disease loses it’s power.
People find forgiveness.
Lives are changed.
Broken hearts are healed.
Faith grows.
And people come to know the Lord...

When “I” get out of the way.

And so today,
I move.

I move out of His way.
I let Him work in me and through me.

I move where He wants me to go.
And there,
I find Him waiting to do more than I could have ever dreamed.



image signature

3 comments:

Jill LIVING TO DO HIS WILL said...

AMEN!!!! I love watching you allow God to have His way with you!

Nancy Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing this Amy. I just shared it on my fb page. Prayers for you to be able to keep 'movin' out of the way'! :) {prayers for me to do the same!!!!!}
Thanks,
Nancy Wilson

Sharon said...

Yes!