Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Raising the funds for international adoption

One of the biggest obstacles in international adoption is coming up with the money to adopt. I can totally relate to this because we have never once had the money sitting around for any of our adoptions. It has always been a huge leap of faith. Through most of our adoptions we have had to sacrifice, get creative, and work HARD. There were times where I thought there was no way we were going to be able to make it happen- but God is always faithful. I have a house full of little blessings to prove it. :)

I am always looking for new fund raising ideas to help with adoption costs. My sister Jenny -who is a school nurse and a mother to five (one adopted from Mexico through a disruption) decided that because she didn't have as much money to give as she wanted- she was going to do something about that. She got involved with this awesome faith based company called Inspiranza. They sell beautiful sterling silver jewelry- seriously, you have to check it out. It is a great way to earn money towards your adoption. Yet not only do you earn money-but for every charm you sell $2 goes to Steven Curtis Chapman's Show Hope Foundation to help bring an orphan home.

My rockin sister is donating 50 percent of all of her sales to the Adami Tulu Preschool in Ethiopia through one of my favorite organization Lifesong for Orphans.

My amazing sister+ Lifesong+Adami Tulu Preschool = total awesomeness. :)

If you are looking for an easy way that you can earn more money for your adoption while helping other orphans at the same time- check out www.myinspiranza.com/jennybland and sign up there.






image signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesomeness!

Love it and praying for God to bring major provision for more children to be REDEEMED!

Love you,
Jill

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea! When we first decided to adopt I knew that money would be something we would not have enough of. It was actually a hindrance for me before we decided to adopt. Then God opened my heart and I said OK, but it's Your money Lord! Haha.

I knew we had to do our part. So I thought about what I like to do and am decent at and came up with www.customizedsong.com Basically Someone gives me their info and I write a song based on that info. I like to sing. I like to create music for people. It works. :)

All that to say, very cool that you sister did what worked and is able to help out!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! We're looking at the financial parts as a total obstacle....but one we know we'll conquer :)

Diana said...

Hi Amy - I have a couple questions for you regarding adoption, but i can't find your e-mail. Can you e-mail me at dianaperkey@gmail.com?
thanks